Skip to main content

The XVI Legion the Warmasters Own.

Hi all Jamie 2 here been a while since I did a post so thought I would share what I have been up to lately. At the start of the year I had planned to finish my World Eaters however before I could complete that Betrayal at Calth dropped and I like many other gamers found that Heresey was more affordable than ever.  So armed with a copy of the box and some selection of forge world shoulder pads I got to building.  Then I hit a stumbling block what to paint them as, I could go with Luna Wolves but having already painted one predominately white army I didn't want to do another so Sons of a Horus it was. 


At first  I couldn't find a colour scheme for the green armour that I liked, the Forge World one didn't look right on my test models and all the ones online were to bright I wanted a deep ocean green so I started to experiment and eventually found one I liked. So today I thought I would share how I painted my Sons of Horus and show you all where the army is now.  


First up undercoat your model black


First up a coat of Incubi Darkness all over the armour don't worry about being too neat at this stage


Next a thin coat of Caliban Green so the Incubi Darkness still shows through


The finial stage for the armour is a wash with Athonian Camoshade, allow to dry.



 Next up a bit of detailing, go over the Bolter with Abaddon Black, the pipes and harness with Mechanicum Standard Grey and the metal areas with Leadbelcher.  Also at this point drybrush the Bolter with Mechanicum Grey.


Next up the armour trim with Glorius Gold the only non GW colour I used


Next up the eye on the shoulder pad the leather tassels and helmet crest in Memphiston Red


Skin in Rakarth Flesh


Next up the eye on the shoulder over the red paint a drop of Cassandora Yellow Shade to act as a wet palate then mixing red and yellow build up a fiery eye of Horus. 



A quick wash on the creat and head with a 50/50 black brown wash



Finially finish the eye on the shoulder pad in Abaddon Black and your done.

The army as it stands now









Next up some more armour and the big man himself Horus.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death korps of Krieg

Hello everyone, Sam here, it has been a while since I have posted on here and wanted to share what I have been working on. My first loyalist (shudder) army. Also my first guard army. 
Over the past 10 months or so I have been slowly building and painting a Death Korps of Krieg army using the seige of Vraaks book. I have been attempting a unit a week but like we all do my attention and attitude towards painting blows hot and cold.
I was origionally drawn to Krieg due to their post apocalyptic / menacing appearance and thought that they would be perfect for a renegades army. However the more that I read and planned the army, the more interested in the Krieg themselves that I became. This lead me to my first order of death riders and the other more krieg units. This is not to say that i wont experiment with renegades as i have found some wicked looking zombie krieg models that I may incorperate in the future. I expect this army to play in a totally different style to those I currently use …

30K army and first outing for the iron warriors

Hey guys, Sam here wanting to share a little about the progress of my iron warriors and my first heresy game in 6 months!
About a year ago I began collecting a pre-heresy Salamander army. I Enjoyed playing it and took it to a few events. Then I read Angel Exterminatus, Iron Warriors omnibus and Storm of Iron. This persuaded me to abandon the green armoured emperor loving pansies and begin a legion with real metal! in the words of The D: "you can't kill the metal!"

Iron Warriors really appealed to me because they struck me as a legion which could be used for dual purpose as well as having a lot of components that I like. I run these as chaos marines as well as pre heresy marines. Their pragmatism and seige warfare is cool as well as them being undivided, so I can run them with either daemon army :)
So my army as it stands is around 6000 points with Perturabo (next order) and I am nearly at the end of a collection. There are a few units here and there but overall I think I…

Echoes of War

Hello everyone, Sam here with a write up on another awesome weekend of dice and fun in Cardiff. Our hosts for the weekend, the Vale Renegades  are a group that we met over a year ago at a tournament in Bristol and since then have attended several of each other’s tournaments. Echoes of War was an ITC event with 34 competitors at the fantastic venue of Firestorm Games. This post is going to have a brief overview of the day as well as a few pictures and synopsis of all 5 games that I had over the weekend. So Sam, Bruce, Chris, Jamie and Jack were joined by Jack’s brother Scott (making them the Brothers Grimdark), Tom Baker from Code40K and Battered Bristles (http://code40k.blogspot.co.uk/) (https://www.facebook.com/Batteredbristles) and Ian, made the 2 hour or so drive down to Cardiff for a weekend of games. A few of us had been to their last tournament Seeds of Destruction last September and were very excited about returning. Prior to the event, the Vale Renegades shared a list of all…