Skip to main content

Death Korps of Krieg 81st

Hey guys Sam here, wanted to put a few pictures up of my current project.

Decided to start an army which has always appealed to me but was above my ability to paint. Its going to take some time to complete but I hope to improve my painting skills and end up with an army of which I am proud to put on a tabletop.

Its worth noting that I do not like decals and stencils are in the post for unit markings. 

So I started off by buying a second hand basilisk to test my paint scheme for the armour.


Using the forge world weathering powders really impressed me here.
Alas using a Siege regiment I cannot use the basilisk so will be buying a Colossus to replace this.

I then went on to tackle a command squad consisting of:
Commander


Standard bearer


Master of ordnance


Heavy weapon team


Commissar

These units were really fun to paint, I based them similarly to the daemons and warriors so they can look good together.

Then I began painting an infantry platoon. I have not used the standard infantry models and instead used their more armored counterparts. I believe they look a bit better.


The watch masters were also fun with their combat weapon.

One of the first models I bought was the quad mortar and crew. I love the crew that come with this intimidating cannon and look forward to getting a second. (And two heavy mortars)


My most recent purchase was a leman russ. I have always liked these tanks and the sheer amount of weaponry they can carry is staggering.
Mine is kitted with two multi melta's, vanquisher cannon with mounted heavy stubber to make it twin linked and lascannon


My aim is to use this model as a danger close unit for killing knights / land raiders etc

Thats all of which I have painted at present. I am working on my first of three squads of death riders at the moment and have a Hades drill with engineers waiting to be done next. 

I hope you enjoy, please leave comments or feedback below.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death korps of Krieg

Hello everyone, Sam here, it has been a while since I have posted on here and wanted to share what I have been working on. My first loyalist (shudder) army. Also my first guard army. 
Over the past 10 months or so I have been slowly building and painting a Death Korps of Krieg army using the seige of Vraaks book. I have been attempting a unit a week but like we all do my attention and attitude towards painting blows hot and cold.
I was origionally drawn to Krieg due to their post apocalyptic / menacing appearance and thought that they would be perfect for a renegades army. However the more that I read and planned the army, the more interested in the Krieg themselves that I became. This lead me to my first order of death riders and the other more krieg units. This is not to say that i wont experiment with renegades as i have found some wicked looking zombie krieg models that I may incorperate in the future. I expect this army to play in a totally different style to those I currently use …

Escape from Eidolon Doubles Tournament

I would like to say a massive Thankyou to everyone that came along and took part in the day. It was my 1st attempt at running a tournament and you all made it so much fun. I sincerley hope you all had at least as much fun as I did today! 
I have to thank the Guys from Celestial Forge again for providing those beautiful tables for us to play on, and Andy for helping with the certificates and the seals on them as well as providing the food and getting us all together in the 1st place with his shop. 
Results
Congratulations to the following players: 1st Place - £25 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each
Marcin WitzcakMaciej Chamier-Cieminski
2nd Place - £20 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each
       Jamie Stevens                   Liam King
3rd Place - £15 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each
Sam CornickJamie Shouler
Wooden Spoons
Commiserations to David Thompson and Chris Mitchell for coming in last place and winning the wooden spoons.
Here's the full table of results:
PlacePlayer 1Player 2TP…

30K army and first outing for the iron warriors

Hey guys, Sam here wanting to share a little about the progress of my iron warriors and my first heresy game in 6 months!
About a year ago I began collecting a pre-heresy Salamander army. I Enjoyed playing it and took it to a few events. Then I read Angel Exterminatus, Iron Warriors omnibus and Storm of Iron. This persuaded me to abandon the green armoured emperor loving pansies and begin a legion with real metal! in the words of The D: "you can't kill the metal!"

Iron Warriors really appealed to me because they struck me as a legion which could be used for dual purpose as well as having a lot of components that I like. I run these as chaos marines as well as pre heresy marines. Their pragmatism and seige warfare is cool as well as them being undivided, so I can run them with either daemon army :)
So my army as it stands is around 6000 points with Perturabo (next order) and I am nearly at the end of a collection. There are a few units here and there but overall I think I…