Skip to main content

Eldar vs Tzeentch 2000 points match

Hi All, Martin here.

Sam recently asked me for a 2000 point game so he could try out his Tzeentch army to get a feel for what units he might put together to make a competative list. Normally I would just run, in true Saim Hann style, Jetbikes, Jetbikes and a few Jetbikes on the side but Sam asked if I could bring all my 'Big Guns' so he could really see hopw his army performed.

I took:

Craftworld Warhost

Windrider Host consisting of a Skyrunner Farseer, A skyrunner Warlock, A vyper with 2 Shuriken Cannons and 3 squads of 3 Windriders, all upgraded with Shuriken Cannons.

A Nightspinner

A Fire Prism

A Wraithknight with 2 Heavy Wraithcannons

Aspect Host consiting of 4 Dark Reapers, 5 Fire Dragons and 5 Warp Spiders


Combined Arms Detachment

HQ - Warlock

Troops - 3 sqauds of 5 Dire Avengers (Dire Avenger Shrine formation)

Elites - 5 Wraithgaurd

Fast Attack - Crimson Hunter

Heavy Support - Vaul's Wrath Support Battery with a D-Cannon


  
We deployed for Contact Lost counting the hills as a 5+ cover save due to a lack of ruins available.

Sam won the roll and took the 1st turn after I failed to take the initiative.

His flying HQ's made quick work getting right in to the fight!!


 I havent really used my Wraithknight before so I sat it at the back for most of the game taking overpowered shots at Sams Daemons. In future I will be alot more agressive with it and get it into the fight for some Fist-i-cuffs!!

 Sams skimmers brought the fight to my side of the field, quickly joined by his Warlord



 I threw as much fire power at them as I could and quickly reduced them to a smoking wreck.


 Sams Horrors made a conga line to hold objective 3 whilst still being in range for his Psychic attacks (He had in excess of 30 Warp charges per turn!!) 
My warp spiders later jumped over and quickly despatched them back to the hell they came from

Sam played very wisely holding vital cover and at 1st casting multiple Cursed Earths to give himself a re-rollable  2+ Invun Save!! Thankfully his units started to seperate by turn 2 reducing this to something I could actually deal damage to.


It was an awesome game, and it ended with me winning by a single Line breaker point!! Im looking forward to Sams next test list!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Death korps of Krieg

Hello everyone, Sam here, it has been a while since I have posted on here and wanted to share what I have been working on. My first loyalist (shudder) army. Also my first guard army. 
Over the past 10 months or so I have been slowly building and painting a Death Korps of Krieg army using the seige of Vraaks book. I have been attempting a unit a week but like we all do my attention and attitude towards painting blows hot and cold.
I was origionally drawn to Krieg due to their post apocalyptic / menacing appearance and thought that they would be perfect for a renegades army. However the more that I read and planned the army, the more interested in the Krieg themselves that I became. This lead me to my first order of death riders and the other more krieg units. This is not to say that i wont experiment with renegades as i have found some wicked looking zombie krieg models that I may incorperate in the future. I expect this army to play in a totally different style to those I currently use …

30K army and first outing for the iron warriors

Hey guys, Sam here wanting to share a little about the progress of my iron warriors and my first heresy game in 6 months!
About a year ago I began collecting a pre-heresy Salamander army. I Enjoyed playing it and took it to a few events. Then I read Angel Exterminatus, Iron Warriors omnibus and Storm of Iron. This persuaded me to abandon the green armoured emperor loving pansies and begin a legion with real metal! in the words of The D: "you can't kill the metal!"

Iron Warriors really appealed to me because they struck me as a legion which could be used for dual purpose as well as having a lot of components that I like. I run these as chaos marines as well as pre heresy marines. Their pragmatism and seige warfare is cool as well as them being undivided, so I can run them with either daemon army :)
So my army as it stands is around 6000 points with Perturabo (next order) and I am nearly at the end of a collection. There are a few units here and there but overall I think I…

Super Dungeon Explore!

Hey all, Bruce here with yet another side project I'm working on.


I've recently found myself the proud owner of both the original Super Dungeon Explore board game and the more recent Super Dungeon Explore V2; The Forgotten King.

For those of you who have never seen / played Super Dungeon Explore, it plays like a classic dungeon crawler (think Space Crusade or Hero Quest) but with an adorable Chibi-style anime theme. The game started off as a kick-starter project by "Soda Pop Miniatures" and they are working on a kick-starter for a third game to release at the end of the year.



I came across this game purely by chance, rummaging around the Firestorm Games Store in Cardiff whilst Sam, Charles, Jamie #2 and I were attending the Vale Renegades' most recent tourney which was hosted there. As I was rooting through all the amazing board games, collectables and miniatures I found a little box with a single mini in it. The "Tabbybrook Mage". The model caught my e…