Skip to main content

30K army and first outing for the iron warriors

Hey guys, Sam here wanting to share a little about the progress of my iron warriors and my first heresy game in 6 months!
About a year ago I began collecting a pre-heresy Salamander army. I Enjoyed playing it and took it to a few events. Then I read Angel Exterminatus, Iron Warriors omnibus and Storm of Iron. This persuaded me to abandon the green armoured emperor loving pansies and begin a legion with real metal!
in the words of The D: "you can't kill the metal!"


Iron Warriors really appealed to me because they struck me as a legion which could be used for dual purpose as well as having a lot of components that I like. I run these as chaos marines as well as pre heresy marines. Their pragmatism and seige warfare is cool as well as them being undivided, so I can run them with either daemon army :)

So my army as it stands is around 6000 points with Perturabo (next order) and I am nearly at the end of a collection. There are a few units here and there but overall I think I am more or less finished.

Army includes
Preator
Narik and 4 castellax with darkfire 

3 dreadnoughts with drop pods
2 contemptor mortis
3 Laser destroyers
Tyrant seige terminators
Lightning claw terminators

2 10 man tac squads
3 rhinos

Lightning

3 preds with plasma destroyers
Fire raptor
Iron havocs with missiles
Iron havocs with lascannons
Spartan tank

Imperial Knight 
Perturabo
Typhon heavy seige tank

I will be adding a shadowsword and maybe some more artillery!

So I have painted and based everything bar perturabo and a squad of havocs and played against Jamie Shouler the other week. Information i sparse as I did not take notes and the ipad ran out of battery but I hope you enjoy the pics. It was a 3500 point game warriors vs world eaters and was a great laugh!

We played standard kill points.
Jamie is in the middle.
Some of Jamies deployment. His sicarian looks scary!
My deployment
The rest of my deployment. Really happy with vehicle chevrons!
My dreadnought talon with grav guns! Arrived like a wizard!
Tyrant seige terminators punching down a contemptor
Melta squad behind knight. I put so much fire power into that thing!
In comes the raptor! It shot a few things and then died spectacularly! Jamies storm eagle did very well!
Lightning and knight advance!
So this was start of the bottom of turn two. Things were looking good for me at this point.
Things start to go bad, here comes angry ron!
And there are the butchers
Angry Ron cutting through termnators like a hot knife through butter!

I am sorry to say my ipad ran out of battery here.
Ron cut through squad after squad before finally being out down by my lascannons.
Jamie did in fact table me but I had an absolute blast!
Cheers for the game mate!


I will get a few pics of my army when I sort out a better camera / lightbox
We will also look at a batrep soon!

Cheers for reading y'all!
Starting a heresy game? How are you finding it?
Please leave comments below :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Warhammer Wife

Confessions of a Warhammer Wife Bruce’s obsession with Warhammer was only revealed to me during our second year of dating. We had been together a long time by then – had even lived together for the majority of that time while at University. And still I didn’t know about this one aspect of Bruce’s nerd-dom. When Bruce and I first began dating I was fully aware of – even besotted by - his nerdy credentials. Together we had played hours of Halo 3 and Mario Kart, swapped manga and even visited the cinema for a solo late night screening of Star Trek. Yet this did not prepare me for what would become one of his main loves in life. It all started back in 2012. We had been living separately back at our parents’ homes after University – me in Yorkshire, he in Worcester. I would often travel down to visit him and on one such occasion I was told of a new friend Bruce had made through work. Damien. They had apparently bonded when Bruce had taken on old model – a Tyranid Warrior I beli

Batman - Harley Crew vs Riddler Crew

Hey all, its Martin, With my Riddler crew fully assembled and painted, I was itching to have a game of Batman, and Bruce took me up on the offer. Bruce took the Global Plan Strategy and so selected the 'Ambush' Scenario. His team became the attackers as he had a higher model count. I had selected the Fast Advance and Patrol strategies, allowing me a larger deployment zone, and also allowing me to deploy 1 model outside of this zone. In hindsight, the Fast advance was a bad idea as it reduced the areas I could deploy my Clue Markers!! I would have been better to choose a strategy like 'snitch', to cancel out one of my opponent strategies; in this game it would have forced a random scenario again. Being the attacker, Bruce had to divide his crew into 2 teams and deploy 1 team within 10cm of the table edge on 2 opposite sides of the fantastic board created by Andy from Worcester Wargames. Within each of these teams. I then deployed my crews inside a 20cm wide area ru

Escape from Eidolon Doubles Tournament

I would like to say a massive Thankyou to everyone that came along and took part in the day. It was my 1st attempt at running a tournament and you all made it so much fun. I sincerley hope you all had at least as much fun as I did today!  I have to thank the Guys from Celestial Forge again for providing those beautiful tables for us to play on, and Andy for helping with the certificates and the seals on them as well as providing the food and getting us all together in the 1st place with his shop.  Results Congratulations to the following players: 1st Place - £25 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each Marcin Witzcak Maciej Chamier-Cieminski 2nd Place - £20 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each        Jamie Stevens                   Liam King 3rd Place - £15 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each Sam Cornick            Jamie Shouler Wooden Spoons Commiserations to David Thompson and Chris Mitchell for coming in last place and winning