Skip to main content

Warhammer World!

What a weekend!

Damien, Bruce and Martin enjoying the life-sized Rhino a little too much.



First off I want to say that if you ever get the chance to visit Warhammer World in Nottingham, you should absolutely go for it!

We had a few issues to start off with, due to some personal issues and work conflicts, a few of us were unable to make it which was a real shame, however Paul, Damien, Martin, Jamie, Matt and myself (Bruce here >_<) all spent the day mooching around the amazing dioramas, eyeballing the awesome merch and best of all playing a huge 12,000 point game on WW's incredible City of Death board "Spyral Prime".


Just take a look at that! o_0

FULL ARMY LISTS TO FOLLOW SHORTLY.

 
We used a combination of Maelstrom of War Mission 1 rules mixed with the White Dwarf "Cities of Death" Objective cards to really make the best use of the heavy terrain. We set up with Dawn of War deployment, and the forces of Chaos won the roll off, choosing to go first. After deploying our units, Martin threw the "Seize the Initiative" dice and scored a mighty 6, meaning the loyal forces of the Imperium could make a might Alfa-strike before the traitor legions could react. FOR THE EMPEROR!


Sgt Ned "Snap-shootin'" Smith prepares to lead a doomed charge against the Carnival of Flies.



A stealthy Assassin under the employ of the Iron Hands takes aim at a stampeding Daemon Prince
A mighty Knight Errant stomps its way down the left flank.



The Death Company known as "The Screaming Death" attempt to hold ground against a rampaging Soulgrinder of Khorne.


Two Rhinos full of Plague Marines shield a stampeding Hellbrute from a hail of Dreadnaught artillery. 

Damien and Paul devise a scheme of pure evil to thwart those pesky do-gooders.


Black Maru has a "Gandalf the Grey" style showdown with a ferocious Bloodthirster of Khorne on a crumbling bridge high above the city.


The game came to a close on turn 6, and despite taking heavy casualties the forces of The Imperium came out on top with more victory points to claim victory in the name of the God Emperor.

We had a really fantastic time at Warhammer World and I'm hoping the whole group can make it for a return visit at the end of the year. We've been eyeing up WW's impressive Apocolypse board for a game of truly epic proportions!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Confessions of a Warhammer Wife

Confessions of a Warhammer Wife Bruce’s obsession with Warhammer was only revealed to me during our second year of dating. We had been together a long time by then – had even lived together for the majority of that time while at University. And still I didn’t know about this one aspect of Bruce’s nerd-dom. When Bruce and I first began dating I was fully aware of – even besotted by - his nerdy credentials. Together we had played hours of Halo 3 and Mario Kart, swapped manga and even visited the cinema for a solo late night screening of Star Trek. Yet this did not prepare me for what would become one of his main loves in life. It all started back in 2012. We had been living separately back at our parents’ homes after University – me in Yorkshire, he in Worcester. I would often travel down to visit him and on one such occasion I was told of a new friend Bruce had made through work. Damien. They had apparently bonded when Bruce had taken on old model – a Tyranid Warrior I beli

Batman - Harley Crew vs Riddler Crew

Hey all, its Martin, With my Riddler crew fully assembled and painted, I was itching to have a game of Batman, and Bruce took me up on the offer. Bruce took the Global Plan Strategy and so selected the 'Ambush' Scenario. His team became the attackers as he had a higher model count. I had selected the Fast Advance and Patrol strategies, allowing me a larger deployment zone, and also allowing me to deploy 1 model outside of this zone. In hindsight, the Fast advance was a bad idea as it reduced the areas I could deploy my Clue Markers!! I would have been better to choose a strategy like 'snitch', to cancel out one of my opponent strategies; in this game it would have forced a random scenario again. Being the attacker, Bruce had to divide his crew into 2 teams and deploy 1 team within 10cm of the table edge on 2 opposite sides of the fantastic board created by Andy from Worcester Wargames. Within each of these teams. I then deployed my crews inside a 20cm wide area ru

Escape from Eidolon Doubles Tournament

I would like to say a massive Thankyou to everyone that came along and took part in the day. It was my 1st attempt at running a tournament and you all made it so much fun. I sincerley hope you all had at least as much fun as I did today!  I have to thank the Guys from Celestial Forge again for providing those beautiful tables for us to play on, and Andy for helping with the certificates and the seals on them as well as providing the food and getting us all together in the 1st place with his shop.  Results Congratulations to the following players: 1st Place - £25 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each Marcin Witzcak Maciej Chamier-Cieminski 2nd Place - £20 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each        Jamie Stevens                   Liam King 3rd Place - £15 Worcester Wargames Vouchers Each Sam Cornick            Jamie Shouler Wooden Spoons Commiserations to David Thompson and Chris Mitchell for coming in last place and winning